Sunday, August 23, 2009

Grady's 1st birthday celebration!







Grady had a huge birthday weekend! Chris's family flew in from Kansas City to help us celebrate. Friday evening was a double celebration because it was also my parents 38th wedding anniversary! We went over to the Hawkins house for dinner and cake :). It was so fun to watch Grady dive into his first piece of cake! I wasn't sure if he loved eating it or playing in it more. Nothing brings more joy to my face then watching Grady having a good time. Oggie and Boppa got him a Thomas the train scooter and he just loves it! Oh it was too cute to see him take a ride on it. The Stahls also spoiled him with some gifts that he can't get enough of. Uncle Hank was able to join us and PawPaw stopped in as well. It was a wonderful evening spent with family. The following day was Grady's big party celebration! We planned a party for friends and family over at the IH swim club. The weather unfortunatley was a little chilly so there was not much swimming but it was fun to mingle and grill out with everyone. I am actually glad the sun was not beating down because it was a relief to not have to apply sunscreen on Grady or myself. It was neat to have Grady's friends all in one place, I love watching them interact with one another. My absolute favorite part of the day was watching Grady and friend Oliver eat the cupcake! It was hysterical! Daddy also painted an icing mustache on Grady, my side hurt from laughing so hard. I consider Grady's happiness to be the measure of success and so the party was a hit! I can't thank friends and family enough for coming out and showing their support. Having everyone there was so special and really just made the day! I can't believe I am now a mother to a one year old! Once Grady slept through the night time whizzed by and now I feel as though there is not enough time. As amazing as it is to watch my little Bubba learn and grow, I don't want things to go by so quick! Someone please slow down the clock. Where did my nearly five pound newborn go? Hard to imagine that he was once so small. He was outfitted in teeny tiny preemie clothes just last year which blows my mind. Have you seen how small those clothes are? NO WAY he ever fit into those! What a difference a year makes! Happy birthday Grady bug and to quote one of your favorite books, "I love you through and through yesterday, today and tomorrow too!"

No comments: