Friday, August 29, 2008

Saying goodbye to the belly


This was the last belly picture taken before delivering Grady. This might be a weird thing to say but sometimes I actually miss my pregnancy. I was getting so uncomfortable and could not wait for the pregnancy to be over but now that it is all over with I sort of miss it. Perhaps this is called phantom belly pains? I have to keep reminding myself that I am no longer pregnant and can do things again like sleep on my back. Even though I slightly miss my belly I am very anxious and excited to hit the gym hard and get my original form back! I think the recovery is worse then anything because I really just want my body back! I either want to be pregnant or have my original body but this in between pregnancy body has got to go I do not like it! Chris laughs at me because I claim every stage I am going through is the worst part. For example I thought at the beginning when I just looked like I put on some weight and did not look prego was the worst part. Then I thought having to sleep on my side was the worst part, and then the back aches and calf cramps were the worst part. The end of my pregnancy was the worst, and those contractions were the worst! Really though I truly think recovering is the worst part!

1 comment:

Krista said...

you are beautiful now and have been throughout the whole process! i can only imagine how frustrating it is for you right now but you will get your body back and in no time. there's plenty of time to go to the gym. just try to enjoy this time with grady - - i've heard that it goes by way too quickly. ;)