Once your baby is mobile the bumps and bruises start appearing. For the most part it is all minor things here and there since the house is baby proofed to prevent the major accidents from happening. However even after you have done everything you possibly can to keep your baby safe, inevitably he/she is going to have his/her first serious accident! As soon as they are mobile it is game on! Our day came yesterday.
Chris had just received some not so great news about his father. His Dad will be going in for a triple bypass heart surgery next week. His Dad's blood pressure had gotten really high so he went to the Dr. thinking that they were going to put a stent in. However the Doc instead found blocked arteries.
The news of his father takes over Chris's thoughts. While he is on the phone telling other family members of the news he goes downstairs to get something. He thought he had closed the baby gate behind him which he may have except that it was not latched! Grady is at the stage of following us around everywhere and so of course he wanted to follow his Daddy down the stairs! It was awful! I was in the kitchen getting ready to make Grady's lunch when I heard the tumbling sound. I knew with in the second what had happened and screamed for Chris louder then I have in my whole life! Luckily our stairs our carpeted. Grady actually seemed ok but we took him to the Doctor right away to get checked out. The Doctor found nothing wrong with Grady other then the obvious markings on his face :(. Phew! The worst part is the little scrape he got on his nose. It is in a bad place so it keeps getting rubbed and the cut keeps reopening :(. What a tough litte guy! I was hoping I would not have to deal with a more serious incident until he was at least walking. UGH I am not sure I am equipped to handle these type of things...they are so scary! I am sure this is just one of many accidents that are bound to happen, especially with a little boy! Please Grady please don't be too wild and rough when you get a little older because I am not sure your mother will be able to handle it! I am hoping our next house will be a ranch. Stairs are awful I don't want them anymore :). Grady, Dante, and Diesel have now all fallen down the stairs!
Essential Items Your College Student Needs for a Dorm Room
-
[image: college student dorm room cozy organized freshman year]Learn about
What Does Your College Student Actually Need for a Dorm Room
The post Essentia...
4 days ago





3 comments:
Get rid of the stairs and he'll fall off his bike and break his arm in addition to scraping his nose. Get rid of the bike and ...... The main thing is that you are there for him when the inevitable happens. You and Chris are wonderful parents and Grady knows you will always be there for him!
Emily, what a scary thing to experience, I'm glad he's okay! Caroline had a similar incident when she was 12 months old. She fell down 10 steps at my friends house. Matt was right next to her, but she somehow slipped and he couldn't stop her. Scary, yes, but these things happen and they're all okay! :) Just wait until you hear a thump in Grady's room...and then you realize he's just climbed out of his crib! That's what we've experience this last week. Caroline's been throwing herself out of her crib! Ahhhh! See you on Saturday!
Oh no!! I am so glad that he is ok!! Like your mom said, you and Chris are wonderful parents and you take such good care of that little guy!! :) I'm not looking forward to Brian's first fall.. :( Give Grady a kiss for me!
And, P.S., I'm keeping Chris's dad in my prayers.
Post a Comment