Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Starting our first Christmas tradition





Now that little Grady is in our life it is time to start family traditions. Wow it is so weird to think that we are creating traditions for Grady to grow up with! Hopefully they will create fond memories for him just as our traditions growing up have done for us. This is the first year we have started what will become our Christmas tradition! Usually I put up a fake tree for Christmas but not anymore. We located a tree farm and searched for just the right tree to take home. Then Chris cut it down for us to take home. We took Dante and Diesel with us which proved to be a distraction in our hunt for the perfect tree. We would get stopped every few steps because people would want to pet them. Then they would see Grady and coo at him. It's funny how Dante and Diesel still steal the show whenever we take them some where. Never mind the new baby, people just want to love our pets. HA. Anyway after going up a few aisles of trees we finally decided on our perfect tree. Funny how you always end up with the perfect tree. I mean I wonder if there will ever be a year when we have to settle for a less then perfect tree because all of the perfect ones are gone? I am sure our tree will always be perfect to us :). This year we just cut down our tree but as Grady gets older we can do some of the other fun things while we are there like take a hey ride, sip on hot chocolate, see the animals they have, and take fun pictures. I had visions of toddler Grady running up and down the tree aisles asking, "what about this one?" Hopefully it will be a fun day for him in the future :) I do find holidays to be stressful but it is all worth it when you realize all the memories you are making. Thank you mom and dad for giving me great traditions to grow up with! I will always look back on them with a smile :)

1 comment:

Krista said...

how fun! nothing smells better than a fresh christmas tree! the pictures are great, too.