Sunday, December 28, 2008

Into the crib and ditching the swaddle!


I forgot to blog that as of a couple of weeks ago we officially moved Grady out of his bassinet and into the crib! Shortly after that we decided it was time to stop swaddling him. Grady is 4 months now which is the age we were planning on moving him to his crib. If he did not arrive a month early we probably would have made the transition at 3 months. We are still cursed with his lack of sleep through the night and moving him to the crib did not help but oh well he is just going to have to learn to get used to it. The problem now is that he rolls all around in the crib and wakes himself up. I mean I can't blame him for not being able to sleep when we have him in there with nothing but a firm mattress. If it were a safe thing to do I would bundle him all up because I know he would sleep if we could make him more comfortable! In fact after dinner at my parents on Friday he fell asleep in his car seat. When we got home I did not want to wake him because I knew it just would not go well. We decided he would wake up soon on his own and when he did we would put him in his crib. He had a really soft blanket around his legs so he was snuggled in the car seat. Ok people try not to judge me but he never woke up! He slept through the whole night in his car seat! Ooops. We are not going to make a habit of doing that but having a full nights sleep sure was nice! It proved to me that he just needs to be a little more comfortable in order to stay asleep. I then thought to myself that there has to be a SID safe product out there that is a transition between the swaddle and nothing at all. I searched the web and came across the Guardian Sleeper in crib size. Perfect this is exaclty what I was looking for! I ordered it immediatley! It is the product pictured on this post. I hope it works! The bad part is I have to wait for it to arrive! I am also bummed about just now hearing about the miracle blanket! Hello? I would have been using that from the very beginning I had I known about it! Shame on you for holding out on that info if you knew it existed :) ! He is too old for the miracle blanket now but the next baby will be in it for sure! While I am at it I would also like to complain about a product that came out post newborn Grady call the sweet peace which everyone with a newborn seems to be adding to their homes. It is some ultra super snuggly all in one vibrating, swing, music playing thing that keeps baby nice and comfortable. Geez already parents seem to be having it easier then I did...LOL!

No comments: