Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I am one Happy Mother indeed! Woke up to Grady hand delivering me a card and gift. It was so cute, and really my day could have ended with that but the goodness continued on. My parents came over late morning for the most amazing brunch in which Chris put together. The menu: Parfaits, blueberry muffins, frittata, and mimosas! It was so delicious and then I got spoiled with even more gifts! Now I am unwinding until we head over to my parents house for a potluck dinner. Perhaps I will enjoy an afternoon walk.

This video clip is what being a mother is all about to me! I had left our deck door open for too long on a nice day and so a dozen flies came into the house. I would swat one and turn around to five more! When I would miss I would let out a dramatic, "Oh!" Well Grady just thought this was absolutely hysterical! These moments make the job of being a mother so rewarding. I will take this for payment over a paycheck any day! It took me being a Mom to understand the love of a Mom. Love you today and every day Mom!!! Happy Mother's Day to all those fabulous ladies who have taken on the most challenging yet rewarding job of all.




* I didn't take the time to edit this one, so apologize for it being on the longer side and not of the best quality but you get the idea.... "OHHHH!"

2 comments:

Poppy said...

Grady at his BEST!!! I will enjoy watching this clip any time I need a little sunshine to brighten my day!

Lauren said...

There is NO better sound than a laughing baby!!! So cute! I'm happy to hear you were spoiled on Mother's Day... as you should be! Thanks for posting this video - totally brought a smile to my face!