Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I jinxed myself

Well I knew I should not have said anything about Grady starting to enjoy his boppy swing and sleeping a little longer. The past couple of days he has been back to fussy, not sleeping, and wanting to eat all the time! We think it is another growth spurt. I really would like to just feed him a cheese burger so he will stop being so hungry. On our Dr. appointment on Friday I am going to ask if we can start giving him rice cereal. Others have said that they started feeding their baby cereal at an early age. It is called bottle bombing or something like that. The cereal is added to their milk for extra substance. Don't worry it is not captian crunch it is in powder form like formula. We tried it one time and he had no problem eating it but we really did not feel it did anything so we have just stuck to milk. I am worried about his digestive system. Clearly the little man is struggling and we just can't figure out what to do. He gets uncomfortable after both breast and formula feedings. He grunts and squirms and sometimes screams. It's awful to see that something is bothering him and not being able to figure out what to do about it. We give him the mylicon drops he eats the gentle ease enfamil formula. Still something is going on. Is it colic? Is it gas? I struggle to even know the difference between the two. All I know is that we have one fussy baby on our hands and he is starting to wear us out. Having him a month early was great for me in terms of the pregnancy but now I think we are experiencing the draw backs of a preterm baby.

1 comment:

Krista said...

I wish I could give you advice but all I know to say is to just hang in there! I am sure he is probably just being a normal baby but I bet that doesn't help with your frustration of wanting to make him happy! Good luck! :)