I read the book "Happiest Baby on the Block" early on in my pregnancy and remember feeling so great after reading it. It made me feel a lot better about becoming a parent. Well then Grady was born and I forgot all about the book. Now I am going back to the book so I can actually apply the 5 S's properly because I think it will work! One of the S's is sucking so I guess I have to learn to like the binky a little :). I am going to be more open to using the pacifier however he will not be using it passed 3/4 months! I decided I needed a refresher on the 5 S's and applying them because night time has been awful the last two nights! Last night was a little better then the night before but oh my I just can't take many more bad nights! I can't tell if it was just a growth spurt or something else but Monday night was a nightmare! He just would not sleep and seemed to just want to eat the entire night! Neither of us got any sleep and that led Chris and I to become very frustrated and just snap at one another. Last night he was up every hour which is a little better but it was still awful! I feel like he takes one step forward and two steps back! He was doing so well and peacefully sleeping for two or three hours and then all of the sudden on Monday night he decided to not sleep at all! Then last night I could not get him to go to sleep until 11:30 and he was up every hour! I am hoping that if I apply the 5 S's things will go much more smoothly at night. The 5 S's are swaddling, side/stomach sleeping, swinging, shooshing, and sucking. Although maybe it was just a growth spurt? I hate not knowing what the problem is it just makes me feel like an awful parent.
2 comments:
First of all...don't EVER feel like you're an awful parent! It's really hard to know what they want at that age. He will SLEEP, I PROMISE! It takes some time, but they eventually get the hang of it and your life will be back to a "new" normal. :)
I am sure you are an AMAZING parent. I've heard that the whole parenting thing isn't as easy as it appears. ;)
Post a Comment